9/14/10

Generation: Worthless

My temporary employment is now over. While my fellow college grads spent their summers diligently job-searching, I was living in a state of delusion, convinced that water-cooler rumors and encouraging toothy smiles from fellow employees meant they'd be keeping me on permanently.

But it just ain't in the budget.

I didn't want to be "permanent" there, anyway. It wasn't my field, it wasn't any fun. It was decent work for great pay, which would be a nice temporary situation...but like a tattoo bearing that description, it rubbed off in the shower too quickly.

My "professional" (I actually just laughed out loud at myself for writing that...even with quotation marks around it, that word is so improper to describe my chain-smoking, booger-flicking, feelings-eating, couch-farting life) career aside, I've got a plethora of other issues to deal with. Big Dave, my father, has taken to coming home to me on his lunch break and screaming at me for my unemployment (though I'm doing all that I can short of driving to various offices...which I would do, if I had a vehicle...), forbidding me from seeing my boyfriend (who lives 4 hours away), and generally insulting my fat gut, my laziness, and my stupidity for choosing such a worthless major.

...at least it has given me the means to write a nice, public blog entry about his big old douchey ways. Take that!

All appreciation for the zero readers I've got, who will certainly beam their good thoughts and intentions to me upon reading this sad-sack post, and will also certainly beam thoughts to my father, asking him to lay off me unless he wants to find me under a truck on a highway.

It just wouldn't sound the same coming from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment