1/25/10

Lists.

Fiction I'd Die Without:

"Fear of Flying" by Erica Jong.
Refreshingly honest and blunt. If ever I feel afraid to embrace my woman hood, I read Jong and renew my confidence in myself and my vagina.

"God-Shaped Hole", by Tiffany DeBartolo.
Guilty pleasure love story.
"If your intentions are pure,
I'm seeking a friend
for the end
of the world."

"Fight Club", Chuck Palahniuk.
Reminds me that I'm alive. Gets me fiesty and philosophical.

"The Stranger", Albert Camus.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me, there lay an invincible summer."

"The Awakening", by Kate Chopin.
"Courageous, ma foi! The brave soul. The soul the DARES and DEFIES!"

"Harry Potter" 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
I have developed such a strong connection to these characters, that I feel it necessary to revisit them, in book or another, at least twice a year. The movies can blow me.






Music of my "right now":

Bruised (acoustic) by Jack's Mannequin

Somebody to Love by Queen

Add It Up by the Violent Femmes. All hail Gordon Gayno.

New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick

Better Man by Pearl Jam

Hey, Soul Sister by Train

Breakin' Up by Rilo Kiley

500 Dollars by T. Pain or something money.

You Don't Know Me At All by Ben Folds w. Regina Spektor



2010 Goals:

Write a fabulous short story in my fiction class.

Study for LSATs.

Get into good law school.

Tone up.

Get ahold of myself.

Drink way, way less.

Hone myself.

Learn to leprechaun heel-click.

Wear the nice clothes I have.

Organize my life.

Write a lot lot lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment